Fri, Jun 16|
FREE Rascal Rodeo ~ Adaptive Rodeo
ONLINE REGISTRATION REQUIRED: All special needs participants and volunteers are REQUIRED to register on our website, rascalrodeo.org
Time & Location
Jun 16, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Kanab, 865 E Kaneplex Dr, Kanab, UT 84741, USA
About the event
Once registered a final detail email will be sent one week prior to event.
Here's a few answers to popular questions:
1. COST: The Rascal Rodeo is FREE, thanks to our sponsors.
2. SIBLINGS: No, they won't be considered participants. When time and resources
allow they can take part in the different rodeo activities. They will not get any of the
free items handed out. Don’t let this stop you from attending. YOU and your other
children will miss out greatly by not seeing your child with special needs (of any
age) be a cowboy or cowgirl. Seriously, it’s a miraculous experience for all and it’s
a great opportunity for your other children to cheer for the cowboys and cowgirls.
3. BUCKLES: As long as we have enough donated buckles to hand out each
participant will get to take one home with them to keep. Please donate all age
appropriate buckles to; Rascal Rodeo PO Box 5791 Pasco, WA 99302
4. ONLINE REGISTRATION REQUIRED: All special needs participants and
volunteers are REQUIRED to register on our website, rascalrodeo.org. This will
help cut down on check in time being that the release form is electronically signed
during registration. It must be COMPLETE. No exceptions. Be sure to check the
Facebook event page for the final details posted there. Register each person
5. VOLUNTEERS: All ages are welcome, as long as all attention is on the RR
cowboys and cowgirls and not have to tend to your youth volunteer. Horse handlers
and side walkers must be at least 18 years old. There is a job for everyone; write
name tags, hand out shirts, ride a stick horse, take photos, milk a fake cow, etc.
6. TIME: Volunteers should arrive one hour before the rodeo start time.
Participants just a few minutes before. The rodeo is typically one to one and a half
hours long. This is plenty of time to take part in the activities with the event ending
soon after the group photo. Volunteers are there 30 minutes after the event is over
for cleanup. Volunteer horses ready & in arena 45mins before start.
7. ATTIRE: Closed toe shoes are required unless health issues prevent them.
Participants/volunteers are encouraged to wear the shirts handed out during check
in. Leave extra items at home.
8. ELIGIBILITY: We leave it up to the parents/guardian to be honest about if their
child of ANY age is developmentally or physical disabled.