Sat, Sep 21|
Southern Utah University
Utah Shakespeare Sensory Friendly ~ Family Fun
Sensory Friendly Performance ~ Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Presenting a special performance for those with autism spectrum discorders, sensory sensitivities, or other disabilities.
Time & Location
Sep 21, 2019, 2:00 PM
Southern Utah University, 351 W University Blvd, Cedar City, UT 84720, USA
About the event
This sensory-friendly performance is designed especially for individuals with autism spectrum disorders, sensory sensitivities, or other disabilities. During this performance, patrons will be able to enjoy the show together with family and friends in a welcoming, inclusive, and relaxed space.
So that patrons can freely respond to the show in their own way and without judgment, house rules will be relaxed.
- We will keep the house lights up slightly so patrons can easily move around. Some patrons may want to stand or walk around a bit.
- Patrons will be able to engage in self-expression, singing and clapping along—or talking or making other noises to themselves.
- Patrons will have the freedom to take breaks during the performance— they are welcome to come and go as needed. The cry rooms will also be available to all patrons.
- Patrons may bring a fidget toy or other calming object.
- Patrons are allowed to look at phones and other tablets during the performance. Some might choose to wear headphones.
Modifications will be environmental rather than artistic so that patrons can enjoy the same artistic product seen during other performances; however, we may decide to lower/dim any strobe lights or sudden, loud noises that could startle patrons.